The Jewish Cemetery in Endenich, since 1904 a district in the western part of the town with a population of approximately 12000 people, is located on a hill at Hainstrasse. The site was used as a cemetery by the small Endenich Jewish Community from 1861-2000. At the end of the 19th century, in 1898, the cemetery was completely destroyed; all tombstones were demolished and not replaced. As no cemetery layout map existed and because the law forbids people to open graves, since that time the front section of the cemetery might not longer be used for burials and was reshaped into a park. The newer back section of the cemetery counts 100 gravestones. Some names are: Arnold Friedmann, Rosa Rosenbaum, born Friedmann, Alfred Lehmann (1882-1903), Jacob Scheuer (+ 1904), Rosalie Scheuer (+ 1906), Heinrich Glaser (+ 1901), Regina Geissler, born Hirsch (1843-1911), Rosa Heumann, born Herzfeld, Julius Seligmann (+1918), Max Seligmann (+1911), David Salomon (1834-1911), David Israel (1862-1916), Mrs. Isaac Voos Therese, born Hirsch (+1917), Josef Appel (1861-1918), Appel Moses (1826-1921), Sibilla Leven, born Herz (1924). Hermann Sommer (+1930), Simon Mathes (+1905), Louis Michael (+1892), Leopold Coppel (1861-1910) and Martin Cohen (1832-1892). The last funeral at this location took place in April 2000 for Barbara Wagner, born Ubig (07.03 1913 – 25.04.2000).
Some other Jewish citizens that lived in Endenich were Karl (1896-1942?), Walter (1902-1942) and Sybilla Sommer (born Appel/1882-1943), as well as Isaak (1871-?), Karl (1868-1942) and Sara (1876-1943) Arensberg. They all were killed or died in Auschwitz, Sobibor, Treblinka or Theresienstadt during the Holocaust.
The Endenich Jewish Cemetery is always closed and can only be visited on special occasions.